Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Kemuning Hitam



I bought this tasbih made from the core of a wood called "kemuning hitam" ..I'm not sure the scientific name for it as the google search returned either Muraya Paniculata or Maninlia Cloxcylon.

My interest in this wood spanned around Syawal where my Mom suffered a severe case of stomachache, diarrhea and vomiting which lasted for about a week. "Kemuning hitam" is claimed to have medicinal properties in the form of enzyme (which my Sis shot "any scientific research done yet?" and I encourage our researchers out there to take this up) and used by traditional practitioners to assist discomforts above. Warriors in the old age incorporate "kemuning hitam" as part of their first aid kit-hence some of their weapons handles or scabbards are made from this particular wood. So in case they got butterflies in their tummies while on the journey to meet Puteri Gunung Ledang, all they need to do is to soak the wood in a cup of water for a few minutes and drink it.

Nope, no hocus pocus involved, it's just just pure chemistry. I think there's a possibility that your parents or grandies has 1 of this tasbih, OTAI - old timers have long known about "kemuning hitam".

If you want to purchase 1 of these (they now come in the form of keychains), I really recommend readers to visit:

http://cikgunasir.blogspot.com

Have a good school holiday :)

0 Comments: